What We Believe
Christian Leadership Network - Statement of Faith
While we come from many different ecclesial traditions, participants in the Christian leadership Network are authentically Christian. Thus we affirm that
- We believe in one God revealed in the mystery of a Trinity of Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, each distinct yet perfectly united in a loving, divine communion.
- We believe in God the eternal Father as creator of heaven and earth.
- We believe in Jesus Christ as the Incarnate Word of God, who, being of the same substance of the Father, is truly human and truly divine. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. For us sinners, he suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. On the third day, he rose from the dead. He ascended to heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead at the end of the age. Thus, at the bodily resurrection of the dead, the righteous shall rise with Christ to everlasting life and the unrighteous to eternal punishment.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit as the Love of God acting powerfully in the life of the Church, who first descended upon Mary and the Apostles in the upper room at Pentecost and who continues to inspire and guide the life of the Church. In particular, we look to the Holy Spirit to empower and guide us in building more perfect unity within the Body of Christ.
- We look to the Sacred Scriptures contained in the Old and New Testaments of the Bible which bear authoritative and privileged witness to the revelation of God fulfilled in Jesus Christ. We understand that the witness of Sacred Scripture was complete at the end of the apostolic age. Therefore, no subsequent testament revelation of a universal nature is expected or acknowledged to be revealed by God.
Christian Leadership Network * PO Box 113088 * Anchorage, AK 99511 * email@example.com
Contact us by EMAIL