52 Weeks of Prayer / Pray Anchorage!
What is 52 Weeks of Prayer / Pray Anchorage?
This initiative was launched in November, 2010 in an effort to cover the city of Anchorage in prayer 52 weeks a year. Over 80 prayer groups and ministries have participated, or are signed up to 'cover' a week in prayer for our city. Would your group like to be a part? Contact Karen Fink, (907) 441-4939, and we will find a week that works for you! Looking to see when your group is praying? Scroll down to the calendar. Click on the red bar for more information on any day.
Thank you for participating in the 52-weeks of prayer for our city. Our heart’s desire is to see our city transformed by the love and power of the Lord Jesus Christ—and you are an essential part of that plan. Prayer groups from around the city, whether representing local churches or other ministries, are joining together to pray, one week at a time. We trust the Holy Spirit to lead you in your prayers as you pray for salvation to come to Anchorage, for grace for our churches and leaders, and for schools, businesses and government. Pray for the peace and prosperity of our city as you declare blessings to come to Anchorage.
- Please meet as a group at least once in your week of prayer.
- Each other day please either meet together to pray or pray with others in your group over the phone.
- Please record the names and emails of your pray-ers.
- Record any specific directions or prayer focus so we can share it with the next group and quarterly. The first quarterly sharing will be the end of January.
- Be aware of problems, special events and specific needs in the city.
- Please direct the prayers to city needs rather than personal needs in the group.
- Enjoy your time together and with Jesus as you bless Anchorage!